- 22:58 Letterman's tribute to Paul Newman was something. I've definitely missed something. #
- 23:23 Is Michael Cera a just a character played by Michael Cera? #
- 07:06 Shocked! Huey's on Peachtree has closed! #
- 08:56 QT on 120 and Lower Roswell has gas #atlgas #
- 09:41 Gas with no lines at BP on North Ave and Spring. #atlgas #
- 11:38 That lunch did nothing but fuel my interest in tonight's dinner. #
- 12:01 @LuxorLV As long as it was low on ads/blatent marketing and high on usefulness. Coupons via mobile app wouldn't hurt either #
- 12:45 @juliusrobberts Wow! I hope you'e ok! #
- 14:30 Georgiagirl just got called to Florida for the night. Need to start looking for my off switch. #
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
- 11:52 I don't think I've ever seen an entire Paul Newman movie. Am I missing out on something amazing? #
- 14:06 I was already dreading the UT game, and now it's going to be on CBS. The Clawfense finally gets going against an injury depleted Georgia. #
- 14:23 @rustytanton Let's put it this way. I won't be surprised if UT wins. #
- 14:25 Creative Loafing files Chapter 11 tinyurl.com/3zhcj4 #
- 14:38 Retweet from @chuckmonster MGM -14.83%, WYNN -6.37%, LVS -12.26%, MPEL -6.62%, PENN -11.63%, RIV -16.67%, BYD -10.98%, PNK -16.56%) #
- 19:42 Hearing a loud retelling of story I've heard three or four times. Pain in my left ear #
- 19:46 @ellengsauve I'm sorry I can't hear you #
- 21:42 Just learned how to turn an awkward turtle into babies. No that's not a euphemism for anything #
Wait...The Associate Director for Infection Control at the CDC said; "We usually never burn planes whole".
"Bottom line, it's way out there," says Michael Bell, the Associate Director for Infection Control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. "A lot of things in the show don't bear much relationship to science as we know it," such as:
•An LSD-trip treatment allows communication with an injured agent in a coma.
•Chemicals turn one victim's flesh transparent. "Really way out there," Bell says.
•A plague-infected airplane is burned as a disinfection move. "We usually never burn planes whole," Bell says. "That might be the worst thing you could do. It might spread things."
Sunday, September 28, 2008
The atmosphere in the stadium was electric. Easily the loudest I've ever heard it and when the team took the field, the volume of flash bulbs was overwhelming. I was amazed by the dedication of our fans. With everything that was going wrong, our fans stayed (mostly) positive and cheered their collective asses off until just a few minutes remained in the game. I can't begin to describe the 4th quarter Krypton and there was even a moment that our end of the stadium shook.
Now the other thing...
I tried out a new phrase for the first time last night just to see how it sounded. It didn't roll off the tongue but it had a catchy feel to it. A few hours later, I tweeted the same phrase to see how it looked in print and it sparkled. Today I facebooked the phrase and it had that new-phrase-smell and shined brightly. Each time I take the new phrase out for a spin, it becomes easier to say. Here it goes.
To be fair, and because I know as much about the X's and O's of football as a smoking monkey does about the X's and O's of tic-tac-toe; maybe what we witnessed was the game plan. Maybe it was a continuation of the same game plan we used at the ASU and USC games. The plan that reads; A) Never use more than four players to put pressure on the quarterback. B) Spread the remaining 7 players over the remainder of the field. C) No defensive player may be closer than ten feet to any offensive player until an offensive player receives the football. D) Never, ever cover the tight end.
To Martinez's credit, this plan worked (read:we didn't lose) for four games. But this strategy ultimately forces the outcome of the game on our offense, while simultaneously hoping that the opposing quarterback is so bad, he'll throw the football to us instead of his wide open receivers.
I've been laid off twice and it sucks. I hate I hearing that someone has lost their job, so I take my new phrase very seriously. I wish no ill will towards Willie or his family, but he is a complete failure as our Defensive Coordinator.
But what do I know? I sell entertainment for a living.
- 22:59 Speechless. Fire Willie Martinez. Now. #
- 09:49 Heading to work. Thrilled. Still hung over from yesterday's thrashing. #
- 12:31 Watching Les Mis #
- 16:13 Not sure how I feel about Les Mis. But Rob Evans was amazing. #
- 20:49 @ellengsauve just met the Internet for the first time. #
- 21:01 Amy Winehouse plus Kristen Chenowith equals Duffy. Weird. #
Saturday, September 27, 2008
- 22:16 Was just told by the bartender that we drank all their Jack. FTW. #
- 23:05 Just told by the bartender that we drank all the Jack. FTW #
- 23:43 Hmmm..... So that tweet did show up. It was worth posting twice. #
- 04:59 At Home Depot. Buying rope. #
- 06:00 Off to Athens. #
- 10:31 Our tailgate just went up ten notches. #
Friday, September 26, 2008
- 22:15 @LuxorLV I agree with @ludakit and @chuckmonster No marketing. Interviews, photos, etc. An expanded version of your tweets is right on. #
- 22:22 @ Home after a delicious dinner and beer at Muss and Turner's celebrating Carlton's b-day. #
- 23:12 Pac-10 officials blow and can't count to 12 #
- 23:14 GO BEAVERS!!! #
- 23:27 @brettbawcum That's a stretch, but nice sentiment. #
- 23:51 @brettbawcum Then I guess I don't get it. Not the first time today. #
- 23:53 Jesus Letterman, let up on McCain already. I won't vote for him or am I fan of his, but you're taking it too far. Be less like The View. #
- 09:54 Busy busy busy busy #
- 11:38 @pmclanahan got a link? #
- 12:46 I wonder…. if Munson watches a game on TV, does he call the action on the screen? Or is it more of an internal dialog? #
- 13:42 In case any of you were thinking about buying a ticketing system, I would reccomend Vista but only if you enjoy pain, heartache and stress. #
- 15:42 THERE'S NO BRAKING ON 75 IN THE HOV LANE. #
- 18:26 About to step foot on Snobb Galleria property. Slightly anxious. #
Thursday, September 25, 2008
- 23:40 The CBS Orchestra just played "Shake your body down to the ground" and the horns were amazing. #
- 07:09 I want to write a parody of George Harrison's "Set on you". #
- 08:47 This is one of those days that I feel *this close* to becoming a hippy-jam-band-following-festival-goer. Don't push me, I'll buy a used van #
- 10:20 Damn........forgot my lunch again. #
- 11:03 Was just *this close* to having another Big Day Atlanta experience. #
- 12:42 @cndktr Do not eat the USB cable. #
- 15:53 @brettbawcum WTF? #
- 16:50 @Hunter I'm sorry for your loss. #
- 16:55 My life illustrated by a comic strip. twitpic.com/d5iv #
- 18:34 @ Muss and Turner's with Carlton. #
- 22:15 @LuxorLV I agree with @ludakit and @chuckmonster No marketing. Interviews, photos, etc. An expanded version of your tweets is right on. #
AJC - Someone as politically opinionated as yourself must have some interesting insight into how this year’s election is shaping up.
LB - It’s shaping up really well, if you like fiction. It’s a really good read, but it doesn’t seem to be very real. And there has to be a moratorium on pundits and anyone else from the Democrats and the Republicans speaking. Let the four people talk and everybody else shut the [expletive] up. I’m tired of it.
AJC - What do you anticipate from this election?
LB - I anticipate nausea. That’s what I anticipate, mild nausea.
AJC - Regardless of who wins?
LB - Yeah. All that’s incurred through this is the divide’s gotten larger. Good job! Terrific work! And if I hear the word change once more I’m going to officially strike it from my vocabulary. That word has been destroyed. Except in, “I have a dollar. Do you have any change?”
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- 22:34 @brettbawcum Crepe street vendor? #
- 01:22 I need to find a black t-shirt for this weekend. Any suggestions? #
- 11:02 Off to work. Quick!!! To the low-on-gas mobile!!! #
- 11:26 Never thougt I'd be so happy to fill up for $4 a gallon. #
- 13:26 @juliusrobberts United States Court system fail!!! You're in our thoughts. #
- 13:33 I love what @GeorgiaAquarium is doing. tinyurl.com/47bsnx #
- 15:11 @davedaly 1280 is gone. Like gone gone. #
- 15:53 @Ludakit Ok then. Let's go. I get off at 8. #
- 19:58 @vegaschrish @ludakit @baffled_king I'm at the bar. The fountains finished an Elvis tune 10 minutes ago and I just hit a royal flush. #
- 20:01 @davedaly that building too #
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- 10:09 My left mouse button broke. A replacement has been ordered, but in the mean time, I'm trying not to chuck it across the room. #
- 11:45 @brettbawcum On Letterman last night; Bill Clinton gave the most concise explanation I've heard. And partially unbiased. It was something. #
Monday, September 22, 2008
- 00:44 I love hearing Coach Richt talk to the team. I'm already nervous about 'Bama. #
- 08:59 Seriously debated slamming on the brakes this morning and allowing the tailgating asshole to hit me. #
- 09:09 While I was away, an autographed 8x10 of Yakov Smirnoff appeared in my cube. #
- 13:19 If it could 5:00 PM now so I could go the Stone release party at Taco Mac that would be stellar. Thanks. #
- 14:52 I just met a business professional that said he's never used email and never been online.I hope he was kidding but fairly sure he wasn't. #
- 15:19 Off to Dialog in the Dark!!! Quick to the blind mobile!!! #
- 19:19 FYI. Sherlock's gets Stone beer starting tomorrow. #
During my ride home I heard the call-in show afterwards and Scott and Eric fielded several questions on how we should have gone for it on 4th and inches or tried to squeeze in one more play as the clock ran out. After the South Carolina game, our Pass Rush was a legitimate topic to complain about, but don't go looking for something to bitch about after a win like that.
Scott Howard's actual words were "If you married Heidi Klum, don't complain that she burned the spaghetti."
Sunday, September 21, 2008
- 22:08 Watching the second half of this game with my only remaining grandfather. Not going unnoticed. #
- 22:39 Go Dawgs!!! #
- 09:22 Headin' to the airport. Thanks Maine. Now think happy open house thoughts. #
- 10:46 The TSA agents at the Portland airport are extremely nice. Hartsfield needs to send their agents up here for training. #
- 11:57 And to the Hamtpon Inn in Freeport, sorry about the projectile vomit in the public restroom this morning. #
- 12:02 Oops... Not a Hampton Inn I meant the Hilton Garden Inn. But still, sorry for the mess. #
- 14:49 Hello Atlanta. #
- 18:11 Watching last night's SNL. Has it ever been this bad? #
- 18:56 Hopefully the local and national media will focus more on the game than the ridiculousness of everyone wearing the same color this Saturday. #
- 20:32 Here's something I didn't think I would ever type; Josh Groban was really good tonight. #
-SNL from this past weekend was awful. I'm seriously considering abandoning the show. So take that Mr. NBC.
-Coach Richt announced that we're going to Blackout this weekend's game against 'Bama and I'm already sick of hearing/reading about it. Before someone fires up the two cycle engine between their ears and accuses me of not being a good little UGA fan; I enjoyed last year's Blackout.
The "will they/won't they" question from last year sent the UGA blogosphere and media into an adolescent tizzy normally reserved for trashing Jim Rome or overreacting to Terrance Moore. It's all anyone wanted to write about. (And Terrance Moore is an idiot that should be ignored by the UGA blogosphere. Anyone who links to him goes down a spot in my opinion. You're keeping him employed.)
But the impending Blackout...this year we know it's coming and we've seen it before. Yes, it'll be fun and neato. But until then, dear UGA sports bloggers, just stay the course and get to the business of keeping us informed about the actual game. We all know about Blackout '08. Keep us informed about injuries and game preparation and do things as normal. After all, it doesn't matter what we or the team wears if we lose.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
- 22:20 @LuxorLV Congrats on the new peace accord! Best of luck with future heating endeavors. #
- 22:24 Nothing will make you appreciate Atlanta local news than going out of town. I speak of the production value only. #
- 11:39 Still no hot water. #
- 14:20 Hot water hurray! Off to the wedding. Go Dawgs! #
- 16:36 @Ludakit That's some funny shit. #
- 18:15 @brettbawcum Thank you #
- 18:31 This DJ suxxxxssssssss. I could do a better job with my iBook and a liter of vodka #
- 20:00 At the hotel bar watching the game. #
Friday, September 19, 2008
- 07:36 Good morning Maine. Fall like temperatures are awesome. #
- 10:16 Hello Kennebunkport Maine. I will eat my way through you. #
- 13:11 @brettbawcum scheduling fail. #
- 13:12 More chowdah and blackened haddock. And local beer. Yummy..... #
- 13:24 iPhone pic of the Bush's Kennebunkport compound. twitpic.com/c8ut #
- 13:41 @juliusrobberts I hate it when I get peed on too. #
- 20:08 @juliusrobberts Hope it sorts itself out soon. #
- 20:16 Wow UConn. That commercial was worse than Georgia's and Mizzou's. At least it looked professional. #
- 21:51 The drink from the hotel bar is so strong I giggled after the first sip. #
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- 23:40 Just saw my first "November 9" commercial. Very interested how this delayed final table is going to turn out. #
- 08:38 On the plane. Hartsfield was manageable this morning. #
- 11:21 @gvonk No, we passed on that. #
- 11:22 Hello Maine. #
- 11:35 @gvonk But remind me on Monday and I'll see what I can find out. #
- 14:03 Just had some fairly wicked seafood chowda. #
- 16:47 Found a boutique beer and wine store within walking distance of the hotel. Currently drinking Bar Harbor's Cadillac Mnt Stout. Delicious. #
- 21:28 @popcandy Did you go to UT? #
- 21:46 Let's go CU!!! Beat the couch burners. #
- 21:55 @Ludakit Negative. WVU bites. See also Sugar Bowl vs. UGA. Stop betting badly. #
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
- 22:13 Damn it..... tinyurl.com/6nmfvg #
- 08:38 Last day of work this week. Woot! Maine bound tomorrow! #
- 10:33 To each his own, but how does Karen Minton beat out Dagmar Midcap for sexiest weatherperson in Atlanta? tinyurl.com/5eo4fj #
- 11:51 @tonysimon The interwebs need pictures #
- 16:01 @ steakhouse drinkin their beer and eating their shrimp. Not a bad way to wait on@ellensauve #
- 16:43 Oops. Not @ steakhouse. @ steamhouse #
- 22:09 @mledford Couldn't agree more. #
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
- 10:32 Heading to Dialog. Thinking lunch at Atlantic Station. #
- 13:50 If the mass volume of educators I dealt with today were the only indicator of the future, I'd say we're pretty well fucked. #
- 16:36 Soooooo looking forward to dinner at Veni Vidi Vici. #
- 17:10 @brettbawcum Woot!!!!11!!!!! #
- 22:02 Does anyone else wonder where our debt ridden government gets 85 Billion to loan AIG? #
Monday, September 15, 2008
"Three of the five biggest investments banks are gone. The county's biggest mortgage lender is gone. The two big government sponsored, Fannie May and Freddie Mac, are brought under government control. The financial system...it is holding right now but you could say it's severely strained."I get more nervous the longer this economy goes on.
I'm heading to Maine this weekend for a cousin's wedding. Things I'm excited about;
Seeing family I don't see that often
Checking another state off of the "been there, done that" list
Eating fresh lobster and other seafood-type items
Columbia and L.L. Bean outlet stores. CHEAP FLEECES!!!!
(The plural of FLEECES should rhyme with "feeces".)
The thing I'm not thrilled about;
Missing the Georgia game.
I can't recall missing a UGA game either in person or on TV since 1994, unless it was away and not televised. In that case, I listened to it on the radio. If ABC/ESPN doesn't cooperate, this streak could end Saturday.
I emailed Paul Westerdawg at Georgia Sports Blog, trying to figure out if the game was even going to be watchable in Maine. He sent me this ESPN link (that will be updated sometime on Tuesday) that shows what ESPN/ABC games will be shown on what stations in what area of the country.
Being anal retentive about this, I've already found the closest sports bar to the hotel. When I called them and asked about their level of "sports-bar-ness" the hostess said; "Oh yes, we're a full sports bar, we have three of those new flat TVs." Shit.
So...IF the game is broadcast on one of the ESPN/ABC channels in Maine...
And IF I can convince (And I'm willing to tip big in advance for this) the bartenders to turn one of the TV from curling to UGA football...
And IF the wedding reception ends in a timely manner...
Then the streak will remain intact.
- 23:38 Ok...I'm hooked. "Weeds" is really good and fun. It also doesn't hurt that I've had a crush on Mary-Louise Parker since The West Wing. #
- 08:17 Oh, I get it now. It's going to be one of those days. #
- 12:24 Just received a $100 gift card to Cheesecake Factory from a client. First bright moment of the day #
- 16:11 So thankful the work day is over. #
- 19:40 Boiled peanuts = comfort food #
- 21:26 "Boy....Da girl just had her shootin' cherry broke. Give her da keys." Weeds is awesome! #
- 21:45 Being smothered by @ellengsauve. Halps pleeze!!! #
Sunday, September 14, 2008
- 12:26 Soup. Possible nap. Lazy Sunday. #
- 19:46 The latest iPhone update noticeably improved the battery life. Just like Steve said it would. #
- 21:42 Just finished watching SNL from last night. Except for the opening, that pretty much blew goats. #
Saturday, September 13, 2008
- 22:34 GO USF!!!! Magino needs to eat a salad #
- 22:36 @Ludakit Stop making Fail bets. #
- 08:34 Couldn't find my game day shirt for about ten minutes. Crisis averted. #
- 10:42 Received confirmation from @ludakit that the post was indeed funny. Excellent! #
- 11:06 I certainly hope some members of the Bulldog nation will shut up after the amount of coverage College Game Day just gave us. #
- 18:05 That win was about as pleasant as a rectal exam. #
Friday, September 12, 2008
- 23:27 Jessica Simpson on Letterman.... head/glass pane/head/glass pane/head/glass pane #
- 07:56 @brettbawcum If you're refering to the same youtube clip I saw yesterday, Jim Rome needs a catlle prod applied to his nether regions. #
- 09:37 @gvonk That sounds delicious. Must try soon.... any other jalapeno recipes you've been hiding? #
- 09:39 Damn Jefferson Starship stuck in my head!!! How about you build your freakin city somewhere else. #
- 12:19 Frustrated with greedy fucks. #
- 15:58 Puttering around at Micro Center. Picking up neccessary part to transfer voicemails to mp3 files. @ludakit is less than ammused. #
- 16:41 @brettbawcum @ludakit. Muwahahahaha #
- 18:10 Wings and beer. Not a bad start to the weekend. #
- 21:54 @Ludakit Hand rasied #
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- 22:11 Nairing the pinna. #
- 23:01 I just found the softest table ever..... This couldn't be easier. Now, must not get trapped. #
- 09:00 Why are people always surprised when the cheapest option turns out to be the worst option? #
- 12:20 @mostlymuppet mmmm.... chewing gum. Good idea. #
- 14:27 @juliusrobberts Holy crap! I hope everything is ok! #
- 14:27 @Ludakit Do you have an article to link to? #
- 19:08 @davedaly me too!!! #
Over the weekend The History Channel, and I think A&E, turned into 9/11 biopics and stories and documentaries about what happened 7 years ago. As soon as the first title appeared on the channel guide, I became disgusted. I didn't want to think about it and I certainly didn't want to watch any Hollywood produced pieces on the subject.
The embedded video is below is something I watch every year to remind me of what happened. Except for one "god damn" the video is safe for work and if you want, skip forward a minute when you get the Giuliani part.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
- 08:34 The horn lick from "Tide is High" is stuck in my head. #
- 09:50 God damnit. Now I have; "It's not unusual" stuck in my head. All because one of clients is named, "Tom Jones". #
- 10:16 @joiedevie Heh! #
- 14:16 I need a dark, delicious and frothy beer. Right now please. #
- 15:18 @tonysimon Would love to, but I have church tonight. Wait..... that's not right. #
- 21:52 Heated syrup. What a concept! #
I'll be picking up this issue to read the rest of the article.
RS: The show you did with Warren Zevon, when he'd been diagnosed with terminal
cancer and only had months to live:
DL: He'd been on many times. Was it a difficult show to do? Oh, it was awful. Warren was so good about it. After the show, it was heartbreaking —he was in his dressing room, and we were talking and this and that. Here's a guy who had months to live and we're making small talk.
And as we're talking, he's taking his guitar strap and hooking it, wrapping it around, then he puts the guitar into the case and he flips the snaps on the case and says, "Here, I want you to have this, take good care of it." And I just started sobbing. He was giving me the guitar that he always used on the show. I felt like, "I can't be in this movie, I didn't get my lines." That was very tough.
Tuesday, September 09, 2008
Back to my voicemail to MP3 file transfer issue. Rusty commented about an 1/8 inch to 1/8 inch cable and I smacked my head with stupidity. Of Course! Plug one end into the headphone jack of the iPhone and the other into the "mic" port on my laptop. Play the voicemail and use Garage Band as the recorder. This solution was beyond simple and I already owned the necessary cable.
This feeling of technological superiority left as soon as I got home and realized that my antiquated iBook doesn't have a mic port. But surely someone makes a 1/8 inch to USB adapter. One quick Google search later and I discovered this and many others like it. Now all that's left is product and online retailer research.
- 22:14 Heh! Finally got Loudtwiter to email my daily tweets succcessfully to the blog. #
- 09:30 I'm ready for today's Apple event to begin now. NOW. #
- 09:38 @gvonk I'm REALLY hoping (read: NEED) a refresh on the laptop line. My current Apple Care agreement runs out next month #
- 10:02 @gvonk @pmclanahan Yeah, I saw that I was probably going to have to wait until Oct, but hopefull he'll say something about the refresh. #
- 10:03 T-minus to Twitter crashing..... One hour, 55 minutes #
- 11:36 I don't think this is a good idea. tinyurl.com/5vyg2a #
- 12:09 @mgmgrand I agree with @ludakit #
- 12:48 @mgmgrand @ludakit It doesn't matter how I get the deal, just as long as I get it. But if it's SMS and in my inbox, it should be a good deal #
- 13:05 Laptop refresh fail.... #
- 13:30 It's that special time of day again. It's when I look up at the ceiling tiles and scream out in rage against IE7. #
- 19:03 Bloated. Damn you Wild Wing "Two for Tuesday"!!! #
- 20:08 Installing iTunes 8 and watching Wipeout. People falling down!!! #
- 21:36 The new visualizer in iTunes 8 is very cool, but some of the affects and "moods" are definitely better than others. Could do without Genius. #
Monday, September 08, 2008
- 22:47 Currently at my parents celebrating my youngest brother's engagement. Got the call 20 minutes ago twitpic.com/apoq #
- 07:22 Preparing for my first complete week of work in four weeks. #
- 08:12 @fivehundy Sorry for letting rambling @ludakit use my phone to drunk dail you. I've never heard anyone use 90 seconds to say "goodbye". #
- 13:02 Still smiling about my brother getting engaged. #
- 15:12 @LuxorLV I have a Wii and no way! I don't come to Vegas to play video games in my room. But if you put a craps table in my room..... #
- 15:29 Heading to the Jersey Boy event. #
- 17:35 I'm excited about Jersey Boys. #
- 20:08 Was just asked to be a groomsman in an upcoming wedding. Feeling very humbled. Awesome feeling! #
- 20:15 Greg Gumbel's voice shreds my ass like habanero peppers. #
- 20:38 @Ludakit You called from my phone, I tried to talk you out of it. Regardless, your voicemail was hysterical. #
That also goes for finding a way to post my daily Twitters as a blog post.
I attended a Jersey Boys promotional event tonight and I'm now beyond excited to see this show. May 27th - June 21st.
Georgia Girl had her own; "Big Day Atlanta" moment last Friday. Like mine, it also involved a homeless man and his penis.
Scott, my youngest brother, proposed last night to his girlfriend of five years, Lisa. We put on clothes (after all, it was our wedding anniversary last night) and headed over to Mom and Dad's to see the newly engaged people and do a little bit of late night celebrating. Here's a bad quality photo from my iPhone of the happy couple.
And for the record, I'm thrilled for them, but having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my youngest brother is getting married!
Since Troy's passing, I've cried almost every night and I'm not a crier. If I need that emotional release, I rent Armageddon and fast forward to the point where Bruce Willis says goodbye to Liv Tyler. Then she turns into an elf and flies away leaving Ben Affleck to a jerk off cookie scene with Matt Damon. It's not the theatrical ending but rather Director's "Special Edition".
The only times I haven't recently spewed salt water is when I'm with company and I'm comforted by their presence. I don't think I'm getting emotional directly due to Troy's passing but I think his death opened a valve that I don't know how to turn off.
Examples: I teared up during the UGA pregame videos both weeks. I love college (and specifically UGA) football but no one should actually shed a tear over a fucking football video. This made me a little paranoid over being an emotional basket case.
I teared up when Alan (I think) toasted Troy at the tailgate this past Saturday. It was brief but thankfully no one saw me wipe the tears away.
I was chatting with a friend online tonight and it grabbed me again. Tears everywhere. I don't know why Troy's death has affected me like it has; I was not close to him and I hadn't talked to him in about four years, but there was something about him and his death that really rattled me.
My theory is that this is my first death since becoming atheist and dealing with the permanence of death is something that I never had to deal with before now. Part of me wishes it would go away. Part of me is glad that this level of emotion is here. But I wish I had the fortitude to deal with it better.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Last week I experienced the new exhibit at Atlantic Station, Dialog in the Dark. This visit was for work purposes as my office is handling the group sales and marketing for the exhibition.
The experience is fantastic and opened my eyes to the life of the visually impaired.
I continually push for non-traditional means of marketing shows and events and for the first time, I have been given the green light to market via the blogosphere, Twitter, and Facebook.
So here's the deal on how to get discounted tickets.
-Go to dialogtickets.com.
-Click "BUY TICKETS NOW!" - That will open a new window.
-Select either "Dialog in the Dark Path 1" or "Dialog in the Dark Path 2" - FYI, There is no difference between Path 1 and Path 2, just pick one.
-Select the logo "Buy Tickets"
-Select your date
-Select your time
-Click the button "Promo Code"
-Enter the code "superfox"
-select the number of tickets and check out
The important part is the promo code; "superfox".
That code allows a savings of about $5.00 per adult and $4.00 per child.
Feel free to link to this post or post the code yourself. Just spread the word. If this works, I'll be given more liberties with events in the future.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I should write about Vegas. The stretch Hummer, Voo-doo lounge, the best bar in Vegas to get hammered at, and the gay after hours dance club. I should write about the two conventions and the vacation that followed. But I'm not in the mood.
I should write about Athens this past weekend and also Keith's lake house bachelor party. But football in Athens is covered so much better by others and all I'd write about the bachelor party is that it was awesome and everything a bachelor party should be. Guys being guys, drinking beer, eating delicious meat, playing stupid games of no consequence and, talking about things guys talk about. Excellent times.
I should update my flicker with photos going back to Athfest, but my iPhoto is having an issue. It won't save any change I make. Including but not limited to; cropping, brightness, contrast or sharpness. I've seen a Mac Genius who told me to reinstall the app, so I did. That solved nothing. I'm trying to hold out for a new laptop instead of really trying to solve the problem. But I'll make one last ditch effort with Apple Care and see what happens.
I'm not unhappy. I'm actually very happy. I just don't feel like writing. Plus, I haven't had any run ins with the homeless recently.