- 11:35 Watched Tituss play Sebastian from The Little Mermaid in the Macy's parade. Wow! #
- 19:43 Back home from making the parental rounds. Tasty. #
- 22:22 Pregnant craving number one, peanut butter on carrots. twitpic.com/omdh #
- 00:04 Unwinding, have a cocktail, and researching where the best video poker machines are. Thank you interwebs! T-minus 4 days #
Friday, November 28, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- 00:23 Shrimp on a treadmill makes the Today show. tinyurl.com/6ylkzp #
- 08:25 I keep telling myself, "two more days of work then a week off". It's not motivating me or helping my attitude. #
- 11:31 Just got the word that we will be closing early. Which begs the next question; "How early?" #
- 11:53 @mdknight Damn, I didn't even realized Sr. had retired. That's a little sad. #
- 11:57 Yes!!! Given the green light to go home! Now...if I could only get in touch with my wife....Or I could just go to Taco Mac.... #
- 12:25 Just picked up a 2002 Ripasso on the cheap. Excellent start to my afternoon #
- 14:28 Walked 2.7 miles from work to Piedmont hospital to meet Georgia Girl. Good walk. Now heading home. #
- 15:30 Time for the Thanksgiving Eve nap. #
Monday, November 24, 2008
- 00:42 Wishing I had something to blog about. #
- 01:24 Watching the Mark Richt Show. Suzanne Yoculan has had some more elective surgery. She doesn't look like herself. #
- 09:12 When is it ok to take your child to work when it's not "Take Your Child to Work" Day? #
- 11:33 Work potluck lunch at noon. Let's go noon! #
- 14:36 Oi! Over did it at lunch. #
- 18:56 @ Muss and Turner's. Can't decide what to order. #
- 18:58 @Hunter I'm out there next week. Are there any openings I should be aware of? #
- 20:53 Just gave a ride to four strangers. No worries, they were old and also SEC fans. #
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- 10:31 At Waffle House #
- 12:18 aaaaaannnnddddd........back at work. #
- 15:41 All of the ugly "decorative" bees around Tech's campus are gone. #
- 17:20 Thinking about dinner. It's been a long time since this morning's Waffle house breakfast. #
- 20:01 Young Frankenstein and Spamalot are set to close in January. #
- 20:35 I just agreed with Andy Rooney and you know how that makes me feel. #
Saturday, November 22, 2008
- 00:34 Wings, beer, friends. A g #
- 00:35 Cont....Good start to the weekend #
- 01:18 Thoroughly disappointed by Jeff Dunham's Christmas special. #
- 18:41 Work , Quantum of Solace, Work. #
- 21:13 Home. Pot roast. Beer. Football. Thank you. #
- 22:18 I'm calling bullshit on the concept of "push presents". #
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
- 00:43 @baffled_king Not the saxophone itself, just the way it sounds. #
- 09:50 @LadyOob Like Georgia south or Texas south? #
- 10:36 @LadyOob Excellent news! #
- 10:37 This morning's soundtrack is Broadway's Legally Blonde #
- 12:56 HEY! Hold up Google. I did not give you permission to change how my Gmail looks. You can change it back right the fuck now. #
- 13:42 Google changed my theme to their new default but didn't give me any other options until now. Now using Shiney theme and happy. #
- 14:23 @tonysimon Show me how to hook my kegorator to a soda keg and I'll go halvies with you whenever you want to brew. #
- 14:36 Loving my first experience with ear buds and it's as if I'm hearing some songs for the first time. I've been missing so many little things. #
- 15:49 @Ludakit I am so looking at you for levity and humor for the next 19 years. #
- 18:01 At Taco Mac with @tonysimon and @gvonk #
- 22:22 I <3 The Four Seasons hotel #
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
- 01:26 Got some bad news when I got home tonight. Not looking forward to the morning. #
- 13:48 Just FYI, the Healthy Choice Chicken Margherita sucks. You're welcome. #
- 15:06 Checking out a new horn after work. Can you say Yamaha Xeno? Sort of like Xenu, but much much better #
- 20:02 Played the Xeno. Pretty tone. Going to sleep on it over night. #
- 20:58 President Sauve is Pro-getting a new horn. Pulling the trigger tomorrow. Will receive the education discount via band director/friend. #
If you don't know us, we have rabbits. Actually, Georgia Girl has rabbits and I married into them. I don't claim them, though from time to time, I have fed them, watered them and acknowledged their existence.
They moved out of their room while we tried to sell the house. They recently moved back in, albeit to the garage. Their new digs were at chest level, which made for some interesting and dare I say wonderful moments. This also marked the moment when I started to bond with one of the rabbits named "Tux". "Tux" is short for tuxedo because of his black and white markings.
Normally, when I come home, I pause a moment to greet the bunnies and Tux in particular would come running over for a between the ears rub. And if I was lucky I would get a bunny kiss on my fingers as a thank you.
Tux didn't come running tonight. When I got home and looked into the cage, Tux was spread out on the floor in a very uncomfortable position. His life mate Nikki was a good distance away, staring and already knowing the situation. Tux was gone.
I did what I think I'm supposed to do. I took care of the body and cried a little bit in the process. I'm sitting on the couch dreading what the morning brings. I decided not to wake G.G. as a weak night's sleep wouldn't do her any good. We'll cry again tomorrow and go to work and pretend that this rabbit didn't mean anything to us. But it was a living being that G.G. loved. I hate that in a few hours I have to tell her that Tux is gone.
I hate death and the pain it brings.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Many people were said to almost feel a little sorry for them . . . . . .
In 2008 the attitude has changed somewhat:
Monday, November 17, 2008
- 00:15 Only one good thing came from watching Balls of Fury; I now have a crush on Maggie Q. But Christopher Walken should be ashamed. #
- 00:32 The best soundtrack Aliante Statino could come up with for their big firecracker grand opening was Fanfare for the Common Man and Hoedown? #
- 11:37 "Don't Change Your Plans" by Ben Folds Five is a deceptively odd tune. #
- 12:29 The trumpet player on Peachtree is playing Xmas carols. Resisting urge to punch him in the face. Not until after Thanksgiving!!! #
- 15:05 Just relived a fun moment in my head regarding 25 or 6 to 4. #
- 16:01 You should be listening to the original Spanish Fantasy Suite by Chuck Corea right now. Then we would be having a moment together. #
- 17:11 That's good stuff. Thanks! #
- 18:25 Previous tweet should have been aimed @gvonk #
- 18:26 @Ludakit we're so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do. #
- 23:18 A Belly Band was just explained to me. Further proof that pregnancy = Awkward Turtle #
And by the way, the size-of-a-shrimp kid is already screwing around with our sleep. G.G. is visiting the bathroom an average of four to four thousand times a night. It's early, but it's time to set some ground rules. Rule one; Stop fucking with our sleep. It's the only peace and quiet we give each other, so stop doing the macarena on G.G.'s bladder.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
People that voted for Obama and his message of change that also voted to ban gay marriage make me wonder if we have actually taken a step forward. Fuckin hypocrits.
But we all need to laugh.
God's response to Prop 8
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
- 22:52 Georgia Girl's breath smells like latex. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just wondering where it came from. #
- 22:55 Georgia Girl is currently face deep in my armpit sniffing me. Pregnancy = awkward turtle #
- 00:25 @Hunter Sorry to hear about the fire. FYI, I just submitted my delayed and short review of VM . Excellent product. #
- 08:22 Can not wait for 5:00 #
- 10:15 Ultrasound came back normal. Which is great and all, but I'm still in discomfort. #
- 12:28 Learned a new phrase from @fivehundy 's podcast that I'll be putting in my vocabulary. It's "JDLR". Stands for "Just Doesn't Look Right" #
- 13:30 sigh........Soulja Boy ringback tone.... #
- 14:07 Easr buds in most of the day=equal minimal distractions. Getting shit done. Thank you Beatles, Aparo, Modern Skirts, Hey! Revolution, Foo #
- 15:41 Having your 6 year old call for you because you can't speak English, isn't inventive or cute. It's rude. Learn the language. #
- 17:41 Heading back to work. This was not the plan when I woke up this morning. #
- 19:35 Got cut from the show early. @ludakit 's for a cocktail. If he'll ever answer the door. #
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Lil' Xenu (working title) is good. G.G. said that he/she is very active and was moving all around during it's photo shoot. And G.G. heard its heartbeat. While I do find this beyond amazing, I would be more impressed if Lil' Xenu was in there calculating imaginary pot odds. But the photo is something.
Over the weekend I developed a pain on the left of my abdomen. So on Monday I wondered into the Northside Urgent Care Clinic on Johnson Ferry Road. Thankfully the service and staff were not a direct reflection of their lame website. After poking, prodding, x-rays, and blood and urine tests I was told that they had no idea what the problem was. But those tests ruled out "big problems". The doctor's words, not mine. So I felt better about what it probably wasn't. Good staff.
The next step was to get an ultrasound at Northside Outpatient Radiology. Thankfully the jelly was heated and the woman rubbing the plastic wand all over my middle section was very personable. Her bedside manner made an awkward situation for me, not uncomfortable at all. I'm currently awaiting the results.
- 23:30 Mapping out what tournaments I want to play, when and where. Bring on the December trip! #
- 10:57 I haven't had it, but how good does this sound? www.ajc.com/food/content/printedition/2008/11/13/beer.html #
- 11:21 @ellengsauve I just called to double check my time. If they pull that shit with me, we're finding a new dentist. #
- 11:40 @ellengsauve Damn, hoping to find a reason to switch. Now looking up "How to Remind Your Dentist That HIPAA Applies to Everyone". #
- 13:57 Last night's dream, Georgia Girl gave birth while sleepwalking, dropped the baby off at the hospital and then got back to bed.Mean anything? #
- 14:27 @ajbowen I prefer to think of Twitter as a way to be instantly snarky to the entire world. #
- 15:46 Lost season premier to be a three hour event! tinyurl.com/5wqgos #
- 16:50 Just got the word that we'll be closed on January 2nd! Woo-Hoo!!! #
- 17:41 @brettbawcum small steps. Soon you'll be conquering pudding. #
- 18:01 Wow. That had to be explained? Time to start a humor test at the start of each show. #
- 18:47 Received HORRIFIC service at Manuel's. Pissed and leaving. #
- 21:20 @ellengsauve My Mac? #
- 21:32 Two new cast members for SNL announced and one is the daughter of Chris Elliot. #
- 21:41 @chuckmonster That was my first thought exactly! #
- 21:58 @brettbawcum Excellent!!! #
- 22:29 45 minutes on the phone with Comcast trimmed $43 dollars off our monthly bill and HBO for free. FTW!!! #
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
- 23:30 Playing fetch. With the dog #
- 23:46 The final table coverage blew. Only the "big" hands. Playing monsters are easy, show the real skill. #
- 01:19 Wow.......Artie Lange has really let himself go. #
- 11:06 Is there a worse ring back tone that Kool and the Gang's Celebration? #
- 14:25 Just because a politician says that health care is a right doesn't make it true. That involves ammending the Constitution. #
- 14:26 Just because a politician says that health care is a right doesn't make it true. That involves amending the Constitution. #
- 15:18 @mledford I hear ya and I see what you're trying to point out.Was more refering to the ones that are spelled out and not up for debate. :-) #
- 20:12 Words can not express my disdain for Country Music Award shows, but I'm not messing with the pregnant one tonight. #
- 21:42 Why didn't Darius Rucker fade away with the 90's? #
- 22:10 How does the Texas Tech football coach find time to be a presenter at the CMAs??? #
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- 23:52 @VegasChrisH I'd ask for a different one. Maybe something that goes better with your outfit. #
- 15:29 My first ultrasound was less chilly and messy than I'd thought it be. #
- 18:45 I'm sick of everyone getting "bailed out". Let businesses fail. #
- 21:01 Watching the WSOP final table. I already know who won, but play finished just 23 hours ago. #
- 21:51 I hate the prerecorded bits. Just show the action. #
So please, someone explain this to me.
The Democrats have the majority in Congress. The $700 billion bailout does not pass without their approval. Additionally, Speaker Pelosi today announced additional intentions to bailout the auto industry.
But Jim Martin and the Democrat ad buyers are using Represenative Chambliss' vote for the bailout as a negative in their ads. Does that seem hypocritical to anyone else?
Here's the issue I'm struggling with. I want to be able to vote "for" Jim Martin. But he refuses to give me any reason to do so. Every other day, I waste my time and call both candidates' offices asking them to pull their negative ads. Chambliss' phone screener kindly says; "Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass it along." Every other time I call Martin's office, I'm met with arrogance and rudeness by the person that answers the phone.
Here are the options as I see them.
Option A: Returning a do-nothing, non-effective representative to Washington.
Option B: The alternative option to Option A, but rude office staff and two very misleading ads, (one on the Fair Tax and one on the Bailout vote) really turn me off.
Monday, November 10, 2008
- 23:59 In abdominal discomfort. Compared to a friend, nothing to bitch about. Regardless, phoning the doc first thing if I don't feel better. #
- 00:39 Watching multiple WSOP final table live blogs. Down to 5. #
- 01:03 And then there were four.... #
- 11:31 Hail Xenu for iPhone to keep me occupied while waiting in the doctor's office. #
- 15:58 Home. Been home. Doctor's office eliminated the "big concerns" but no solutions. Ultrasound tomorrow. Thrilled. #
- 16:26 @ellengsauve I've changed the locks. #
- 18:32 December Vegas trip booked. 3 nights comped at MGM, flight paid for via Skymiles and time off from work via Comp time. WOOT! #
- 18:38 @chuckmonster 2nd-5th #
- 19:06 @tonysimon And you have to play it that clean with double the number of people. #
Sunday, November 09, 2008
Saturday, November 08, 2008
- 12:56 Annoyed that the game is blacked out on espn360 and that UGA won't let 750 broadcast the game online. #
- 15:12 I hope that in addition to a def. coor, we'll also be shopping for a special teams coach this off season #
- 16:17 @mostlymuppet Have one for me please. #
- 19:07 Friday's jumper at the Georgian Terrace did indeed jump. And according to the ATL detectives, there's been a steady uptick in suicide. #
Friday, November 07, 2008
- 10:10 Twitter seems a little sleepy today. After getting 10 hours of sleep, however, I am not. Thanks Beer!!! #
- 10:19 Trying to view Obama's election night Flickr set, but Flickr doesn't appear to be handling the traffic very well. tinyurl.com/6pzfw3 #
- 11:15 Emailed Chambliss and Martin's campaign offices asking them to loose the negative ads.Got a form email from Martin. Calling later #
- 11:28 @mostlymuppet That is outstanding! #
- 13:19 Christmas gig secured! Woot! #
- 13:43 @Ludakit Until further notice; the child to be shall be called Xenu, future dictator of the Galactic Confederacy. #
- 14:25 @tonysimon And the airline and banking industries to please. #
- 16:46 Jumper at The Georgian Terrace #
- 17:28 Just got off the phone with both campaign's offices. I don't feel any better but the Martin representative wasn't very nice. #
Thursday, November 06, 2008
- 23:12 Watching the WSOP final table preview. I really hope this delayed final table works out. ESPN hasn't cranked up the PR machine for next Tues #
- 00:01 Argh....Delta flights to Vegas are not agreeing with my travel plans. Will look again tomorrow. #
- 00:03 Is Tom Brokaw the last person able to pull off the double breasted suit? #
- 11:05 @Ludakit You have NO idea. #
- 13:24 Just got a real response from 11 Alive. Apology and everything. #
- 13:42 @Ludakit My closing line was; "Mr. Grohl and co are not to be trifled with". #
- 14:55 @galarza9 I hope your response was; "Sure! My vagina is funnier with an audience." #
- 16:26 Trying to deciding whether or not to have a minor freakout. It would be immature, but I think I have a point. #
- 16:28 On an unrelated note, a coworker gave me two books on how to teach infants to swim. #
His email brought a smile to my face and a great way to start the day.
Your shared article "A Rigged System"... is excellent. Not to be all doom & gloom, but I wonder if it is something that can ever be overcome.
I had originally planned to vote for McCain. In the last couple of weeks leading up to the election, I started to feel more and more uncomfortable with that choice. Obama was never really an option for me... too far removed from my brand of economics. I had written Barr off early because I knew he had no chance of winning.
Then I remembered the blog post you wrote about him as your choice, and I remembered what I used to think: "If as many that said they were Libertarian
actually voted for Lib candidates, the election outcome would look much different." So in the end, I decided not to punk out and cast a different vote just so "my vote would count" - which is a bullshit statement, because I know that every vote "counts". So I voted for Barr, and I voted for Buckley too (even though he does not support the Fair Tax).
As I left the polling place, knowing that the guy I picked for Pres would not win, I still felt better than I would have if I had chosen either of the other guys.
Side note - I do not like Jim Martin. But I think I like Saxby less - regardless of his support of the fair tax.
I'm fully aware that the run-off is the fault of people like me that proudly voted for Buckley. But do we really need four more weeks of political ads to determine a winner? The ridiculous ads are more misleading than a broken compass. Neither Martin or Chambliss make me slightly hopeful or optimistic that they will do a damn thing for our community or even come close to representing us well. But these are the choices we're left with.
I'm calling both campaigns today to ask that they pull the negative ads. It won't do any good, but it'll make me feel better.
President Elect Obama isn't the guy I wanted, but the guy I wanted wasn't even mentioned last night. ;-)
But I did love his speech (currently reading articles on his speech writers) And McCain's (speech) too for that matter. He was very gracious.
But I worry. I am worried about the bigger government we're all about to receive and what that is going to do to our economy. And I worry about there being substance behind the message.
But the election is over (Hail Xenu!!!) and the victor chosen.
My over all two cents is; let's see if he can do it.
The part of me that has a heart is pulling for him. The part of me that rails for smaller government will be making a contribution to the Libertarian party every time I hear the phrase "Universal Healthcare".
But regardless, it's over and the people that voted against him, need to lighten up. It doesn't do any good to be glib and sarcastic.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
- 00:12 Is it just me or does anyone else think that the media claimed this race tighter than it actually was? #
- 00:48 11Alive just lost a viewer for the foreseeable future. #
- 00:52 @mledford They cut to local coverage when no other network did. I watch NBC for Brokaw. I called to complain and I was hung up on. #
- 01:09 @Ludakit Bring on the phone call #
- 08:42 I thought everythig was settled, turns out I went to bed too early. Also traffic this morning blows. #
- 10:22 @LadyOob Did you think anything would be different today? #
- 10:52 @cndktr Cheers! #
- 10:53 @pmclanahan Well said. #
- 11:25 Reading about Obama's speech writers. #
- 11:45 I despise getting preached to on someone's outgoing voicemail message. #
- 13:31 Just finished lunch at Tamarind Seed with a friend from college. Tasty and full of laughs. #
- 14:22 @tonysimon I think they test the sirens on the 1st Weds of every month. But only when the weather is nice as not to cause alarm. #
- 14:29 God Damn It. Four more weeks of politcals commercials between douche bag A and jackass B. Fucking run off. #
- 16:49 I feel as though I've been about four hours behind all day. #
- 20:20 @cndktr Good luck. Check your fly. #
- 20:32 @LadyOob I LOVE that video. It's the funniest thing I've seen all week. #
- 21:23 Remembering Phil Hartman. #
- 21:36 @cndktr Pictures please #
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
- 23:20 Debating/planning a December Vegas trip. Flight via Skymiles, three night stay at MGM comped via offer. Anyone want to come with? #
- 23:48 @LuxorLV Absolutely! Cheers! #
- 08:03 In line to vote. It's moving and not too long. #
- 08:22 Inside! #
- 08:41 Not a morning person. Annoyed by all the small talk around me. #
- 08:51 Done in under 50 minutes, there is no line and I just realized that my fly has been down since I left the house. #
- 12:38 Ralph Macchio turns 47 today. I suddenly feel very old. #
- 13:30 @mledford Got a link? #
- 13:37 @mledford I figured the Pres part was a joke, just curious about his stance on the economy. Thanks for the info. #
- 19:17 This is an unnessecary use of technology CNN. Weird. #
- 19:18 Wolf Blizer... You're my only hope. #
- 19:51 I will never move to Palm Beach, Florida. #
- 21:41 Brain tumor or not, the card player next to me needs to stop trying to be everyone's mom at the card table. STFU already. #
Monday, November 03, 2008
After being called into an exam room, the two of us were left alone while we waited on the doctor. Georgia Girl pointed out the sonogram/ultrasound machine and began to explain to me what it was going to do. I obnoxiously interrupted her and the following conversation ensued.
RS: I know what it's going to do. They'll put some jelly on your belly and rub that round thing around in the jelly and then we'll see the baby.And that's when I turned three shades whiter than a virgin dove, and she proceeded to laugh her ass off.
G.G.: Noooo......... The baby's way too small for that. They're going to take the *other* thing (the long and skinny thing on the cart) and put that IN me, to see the baby.
The doctor then came in and did her thing. She's South African and her accent helped relieve some of my anxiety. We saw a head and body, arms and legs and we saw it's heart beating. And it's evidently just the size of a grape. At the end of the appointment, she deemed us healthy and gave us the green light to start telling people. So we did.
But during this visit, something happened. The pregnancy changed from something we talked about to something that became "real". I was under the impression that "real" was a few months away when the kid arrived all covered in goop. It turns out that "real" is when there's a plastic wand in your wife's vagina and a kid waving back at the other end.
- 11:15 @gvonk Uhm...we might have to rethink lunch. I don't think I'll be able to keep anything down if I see that tie. #
- 11:51 Off to Vortex #
- 17:42 The dog groomer had Savannah ready to go on time this month. /white cheer? #
- 18:53 Just realized that we won't have any Dan Ratherisms to deal with tomorrow night. Woot!!! #
- 18:57 @rustytanton I saw bits and pieces of the Fulmer interview. I don't care who you cheer for, you have to feel awful for the guy. #
- 19:21 @brettbawcum I really feel for that shrimp. #
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Here's the transcript.
Setting - 8 friends gathered around a living room; finishing some chili and awaiting the 2nd half of the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.
Me: G.G. What are you drinking?
G.G.: Dr. Pepper.
Me: Oh. Don't you want a beer?
Me: Why not?
G.G. I'm pregnant.
Yup, due in May.
Saturday, November 01, 2008
- 23:36 It's Gameday!!!! #
- 11:42 Wishing my hatred for UF would translate into healing an offensive lineman. #
- 12:08 The line for the game started at 5.5 and has grown to 7. #
- 12:17 @Ludakit VERY COOL INDEED!!! #
- 12:32 Review about the new CDS show; "For a reported $100 million, Cirque has bought itself its first bona fide bomb." tinyurl.com/5rq4xv #
- 13:28 @Ludakit "Almost"? #
- 13:35 The line is up to 8.5 #
- 14:05 Ok, the line has dropped back to 7. Feeling a little better. #
- 17:31 God damn it. I fucking hate Florida. #