- 23:00 @galarza9 Online? And did you get paid off with them? #
- 07:00 Lemonade is much worse than orange juice after brushing your teeth. #
- 08:17 Today is the first day I've felt the effects of the pollen. Thank you Zyrtec. #
- 09:53 @tonysimon We should start heating the sparge water now. #
- 10:07 @tpatrickhill Luck! #
- 11:32 If UGA doesn't get Anderson because of ESPN's erroneous reporting; I'll....I'll...I'll make an empty threat on Twitter. #
- 11:45 @ally_ugadawg None of the above. But it's not like ESPN's reporting/timing hasn't screwed us in the past. #
- 11:52 @mdknight LOL! I was wondering when we'd hear from you on this. Other than the outcome of the last game; hope you had some fun, safe trips. #
- 13:51 @Ludakit Save your money. Come over and I'll your hair. #
- 17:22 @mgmgrand free wifi!!!! #
- 17:24 Brewing with @tonysimon. Can you say barley wine? #
- 17:43 @mgmgrand and spa passes would be cool, but free wifi would be killer.. #
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
- 08:01 RT @atlantamusicBob Dylan posted a free MP3 download from his forthcoming album tinyurl.com/cpr8h5 (via @brooklynvegan) #
- 08:42 Amazingly unimpressed with today. Would like to go back to bed. #
- 11:33 @meghanvarn You make a very good point. #
- 11:54 This week is full up. Tues, brew day; Weds, church gig; Thurs, crib retrieval; Fri, Modern Skirts gig; Sat work, Sun, church gig #
- 12:18 @meghanvarn The EARL!!! #
- 18:58 Exercise done. Three reps of 100 pushups, sixty jackknifes, and thirty minutes of cardio. Getting into a solid routine is the key. #
"All those innocent contractors brought in to do the job were killed -- casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. All right, look: you're a roofer, some juicy government contract comes your way. You got a wife and kids, the two-story in suburbia. This is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. Along come these left-wing militants that blast everything within a three-mile radius with their lasers. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living."
Randal (Jeff Anderson), on why the destruction of the second Death Star was unfair, in Clerks
This month's delivery
Uinta Brewery - Salt Lake City
Anglers Pale Ale
Four + Rype Orange Wheat Ale
Hibernation Irish Red Ale
Brown Session Ale
Sunday, March 29, 2009
- 10:50 Further proof that Ingrid Kirkwood is batshit crazy. www.peta.org/feat/newkirk/will.html #
- 12:27 At Muss and Turner's for a free b-day meal. #
- 12:46 @Maigh NOMNOMNOM Delicious! #
- 12:48 Sipping a Lion Stout, sitting pleasantly at the bar by myself, and reading a book on W Zevon. I'm happy and depressed at the same time. #
- 17:58 365 pushups. 100,75,100,90. When will the number stop gong up? #
- 22:04 If you're a musician, you should watch this. Effin insane talent! Kids these days. tinyurl.com/cvs9jr #
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
- 22:09 Jesus Mizzou....... #
- 22:17 @baffled_king uhm and where would that bracket be? #
- 23:10 @Ludakit @brettbawcum Not rubbing it in, but Comcast gives us an extra CBS feed during the tourney. #
- 23:12 @Ludakit I'm not complaining, at least we get the alt feed. #
- 23:16 I wish I could get a buzz off of smoking my bracket, that's about all it's good for at this point. #
- 23:17 Congrats to the Fighting Mike Knights!!! #
- 23:50 @Hunter I'm surprised the LV news outlets aren't reporting the end of the world too. #
- 23:53 Finally getting around to watching the iPhone 3.0 spiel. #
- 07:19 Christ on a cracker traffic bites this morning. #
- 08:03 Big Day Atlanta post coming. I <3 Techies. #
- 11:16 My interesting morning commute through Ga Tech's campus. tinyurl.com/dnmfzj #
- 13:27 Looking for locker shelving to expand the storage capacity of my kegorator. #
- 13:56 @misteroubre I'll check them out. Thanks! #
- 16:01 Oh! Modern Skirts next Friday at The Earl. #
They fail to follow the laws enacted to keep themselves safe. They are supposed to adhere to traffic signs and signals just like automobiles and use arm gestures to inform those around them what they intend to do. The majority of them fail at this and it drives me insane.
You'd think cyclists would realize that their frail human body balanced on two wheels is no match for the 1.5 tons of South Korean technology I'm navigating. Additionally, when did we become responsible for their safety? That's like saying, the tractor-trailer next to me is responsible for my safety. Cyclists seem to have this attitude that they own the road rather than one of cohabitation; that automobile drivers should be looking out for them, that they have the right of way. Eff that.
It's important to note that my wife is a cyclist, her father is a cyclist and I'm going to catch major hell for what happened this morning. But these family members tell me that they follow the laws and the idiots on two wheels that toss caution to the wind frustrate them as well. Not only are their actions dangerous, but they're also giving good cyclists a bad reputation.
With the 1th street bridge still out of commission, I exit I-75 near Atlantic Station, cut through the condos of Atlantic station and turn South on Slate Street. As I prepared to cross 10th street and cut through Tech's campus, I noticed a guy on a bike coming up behind me. My first thought was; "What kind of idiot rides a bike in the pouring rain wearing jeans and a sweater?
A good size puddle develops at the intersection of Slate and 10th when it rains and today was no exception. As soon as I hit the puddle, I immediately thought of the cyclist and slowed down. I looked back and didn't see him. I assumed he turned right onto 10th and he was fine.
The next intersection is a three way stop. I stop and wait my turn but the cyclist flies by me, shoots me a look and cuts off the two cars that had the right of way and were moving through the intersection. At the next light he's beside me and shoots me another look. He is sopping wet from head to toe. I'm not sure if it's from the rain (most likely as it was downright pouring) or from him being next to me when I went through the earlier puddle.
I roll down the window to ask if he's ok. He flicks me off and the following conversation takes place.
Student On a Bike: "ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCKING KILL ME?"
Me: "No, but you're going to kill yourself if you keep running stop signs and cutting off vehicles."
SOB: "YOU WENT THROUGH THAT PUDDLE!!!"
Me: "It was in the road. That happens. I'm sorry if you got wet, but as you can see it's FUCKING RAINING!!! WHAT DOES A PUDDLE MATTER?"
SOB: (Even louder) YOU A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!! (Yes, proper use of English language has been affected.)
Me: (Even Louder) YOU'RE RIDING A BIKE..............IN THE RAIN. YOU'RE GOING TO GET WET. DID YOU SKIP SOME TYPE OF CLASS THAT EXPLAINS THIS!?!?!??
SOB: (Even Louder) FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!!!!
Me: STAY CLASSY TECH!!!
And I drove away.
To be fair, I don't know if I splashed him. I know he didn't fall down. He couldn't have caught up to me that quickly if he had. But I'm over bicyclists. If you ride, don't ride near me. I'm not gunning for you, but it's not my fault if you get clipped when you cut me off.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
- 22:48 South Park explained how the gov't decides who gets bailed out. After watching the chicken die, it makes a lot more sense. #
- 22:54 @gvonk Fingers crossed for a bag of crap #
- 00:01 Oh yeah, I exercised today. 60 jacks, 325 pushups (85,50,105,90) and 30 minutes of cardio. Really trying to do this three times a week. #
- 06:58 @pezgirl13 No, I exercised then went out to eat. #
- 08:11 @baffled_king Good Luck #
- 08:44 Working on a Twitter project. Excited face. #
- 13:37 Trying to figure out how to build this thing. #
- 13:51 @DRphenomENON Negative. Kiki stays in metro Atlanta. #
- 19:57 I practiced, like really really practiced. It wasn't pretty. #
- 19:59 Is anyone else bothered by the Miller Lite commercial and the big deal their making about triple hopping their beers? #
- 20:53 @DRphenomENON ROFL!!!! #
- 21:16 I didn't think white Duke basketball players missed 3 pointers. You commit to Duke, get unlimited 3s and the devil gets your soul. Right? #
- 21:33 I fear I'm learning my lesson for picking against the Fighting Mike Knights. #
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- 08:17 Best Facebook message I received yesterday; "Happy Birthday, God you're sexy." It was from Fred. #
- 12:33 SFW, 3.5 minutes - One of my favorite bits. tinyurl.com/djz4kc #
- 18:19 Heading to Soba for dinner with a $25 gift cert that we got for $4 from restaurant.com #
- 19:32 Gooooood sushi. Headin home for Lost. #
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
- 07:03 Amusing card. twitpic.com/2eik1 #
- 07:52 RT @anitamartini ESPN's meat bracket tinyurl.com/37f7gb/090323 #
- 09:58 wefollow.com tags equal the people I follow on Twitter. #vegas #beer #uga #
- 11:26 Over reaction to 9/11 led to the Patriot Act; Over reaction of current economic debacle leads to tinyurl.com/cxp7hp #
- 13:59 I think I have a great educational app for the iPhone. Now all I need to do is apply to be a devoloper, learn Cocoa, and write the app. #
- 14:14 Damn, someone has already created the idea i had i mind. But it seems overpriced. hmmm... #
- 14:46 Having a beer at Taco Mac Met if anyone wants join me. #
- 15:18 @alanashley Thanks Alan! #
- 15:47 Overheard at Taco Mac; "I totally bribed the kitchen staff to do my Spanish homework for me." #
- 16:03 The staff bought me a tequila "shot", that resembled a tequila "drink". It was delicious. #
- 18:56 Somebody brought me sugarfree cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Woo-hoo!!! #
"shrapnel in the pelvis and his right leg. In addition his right arm is shattered, his right ear drum is shattered and he has first degree burns on his face and parts of his body."Fast forward to yesterday evening and my nightly date with Brian Williams and the NBC News. Their feel good story of the night is on the only military rehab facility that is a joint venture between the Department of Defense and the Veterans Affairs. It happens to be based in Augusta, Georgia. I was shocked to look up and see Josh's face on the television. The first clip is the piece that aired. The 2nd is Josh's interview.
I have lots to thank Mom and Dad for, but on this day I think I should thank them for having sex around late June/early July 1975.
And deciding to keep me. That's important.
And for also not being super pissed that I don't believe in religion. We don't talk about religion, like couples don't talk about anal sex. It's the thing we never ever talk about.
Monday, March 23, 2009
- 23:54 @alanashley That makes me soooo happy! #
- 00:07 Dazed and Confused was Joey Lauren Adams' best movie. #
- 06:31 Monday came early. #
- 10:00 @meghanvarn Dude! That's Awesome! Thanks! #
- 10:01 I believe I've finally mastered the spelling of the word, "restaurant" #
- 11:11 @gondeee Beer. #
- 13:18 Why do hotels, restaurants, and casinos insist on using Flash? #
- 13:30 Irritated with graveyardmall.com #
- 15:57 At Taco Mac Met. Having the latest dank tank brew. Waiting to to home. #
- 17:42 330 pushups (80,80,80,&90) and 50 jackknifes done. Onto cardio. When will I start to see a change? /frustration #
- 17:56 The last of the greats has fallen. Letterman got married last week. #
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Having the majority of the extended family in town has been quite awesome. Over the years, the family has gradually spread from the south-east to the west and mid-west so getting most everyone together is something. The final count of family, from my point of view was; three aunts, two uncles, three 1st cousins, two 2nd cousins and two grandparents; plus spouses and such.
My Grandmother, in her first trip since her husband passed, made it from Arizona. I haven't said this out loud, but I figured the last time I saw her a couple of years ago would be the last and I made my peace with that. She turns 93 next week, so saying good bye tomorrow will be difficult at best.
Back to the wedding. The ceremony was waaaayyyyyy to Jesusy for me but it represented the bride and groom, so who am I to judge what makes them happy? I had the privilege of walking Mom down the aisle, and she looked great as well.
I would say that if anyone is thinking of using Sandy Plains Baptist Church for a wedding to keep looking. The facility itself was fine, clean and served its purpose. However, the church-provided wedding coordinator was condescending, arrived late for the rehearsal and was disorganized. Additionally, the A/V tech disappeared during the ceremony. I know, I know, what kind of family has an A/V rider for their wedding? We do. The video eventually got played, but what kind of A/V guy leaves in the middle of a wedding ceremony?
The reception was held at The Gardens at Kennesaw. To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the physical facilities. It is very clean and green facility but nothing about the design or decor really blew me away. To be completely fair, my opinion is comes from a rather elitist point of view. But the staff, OMG CLAY AIKEN!!! The staff was the best wedding reception staff I have ever experienced. Seriously. Every staff member I encountered was polite, helpful, knowledgeable and wonderful.
The servers and bussers were beyond pleasant and the bartenders went the extra mile to load the extra beer and wine (which they allowed us to provide) into the car, so I wouldn't miss seeing Scott and Lisa leave. Even the carving chef made sure I had enough meat (delicious) with a smile on her face.
The event coordinator, Rebecca Keoho, was a delight. She assisted the bride and groom in every aspect of planning the reception. She gave of her time freely and bent over backwards to make sure every request was met. Through every step, Rebecca maintained the most professional attitude and pleasant demeanor.
Consider this my ringing endorsement for The Gardens at Kennesaw. Their quality of service is beyond reproach.
The bride and groom hit the road for The Four Seasons at 10 :00 PM and we hosted an after party for some family until 2:30 in the morning. You know it's going to be a long Sunday when you wake up at 7:30 AM wondering when your nap will be. For those playing along at home, it was from 1:30 until 4:30 and was glorious.
- 08:58 At The Four Seasons; picking up a wedding dress and tux. Hope it goes with my eyes. #
- 09:32 @meghanvarn Who's sick? #
- 11:14 Have become a two dog household for the next two days. #
- 18:27 Mizzou!!!! #
- 20:32 My most recent copy of Wired arrived and I realized that I'd rather read the physical magazine than the online version. Odd? #
Saturday, March 21, 2009
- 23:59 Excellent finale for BSG #
- 00:30 The Amazing Kreskin is neither Amazing nor Kreskin. #
- 10:37 SOUP!!! #
- 15:29 At the church. #
- 17:32 They both said yes. Onto the reception. #
- 17:49 The latest Mr. and Mrs. Sauve. twitpic.com/2bxvz #
- 18:37 A KrispyKreme doughnut cake. My family can't do anything normal. twitpic.com/2c0ep #
- 19:37 Ha! Who knew my brother could dance!?!?!? #
- 21:12 And we're heading home for cocktails and comfortable clothes. #
Friday, March 20, 2009
- 22:56 Why does CBS force us to watch the blowouts when there is an upset brewing? #
- 23:03 TCU band.....BUWAHAHAHAHAHA #
- 23:03 Correction....VCU #
- 23:19 Prove your name Fighting Illini! #
- 23:35 15 out of 16 ain't bad, but losing Illinois out of my bracket hurts #
- 23:46 I wish President Obama would go on Letterman or TDS instead of the softball Leno #
- 23:48 @gunreviews (AKA Curt Cobain) just started following me. Would normally immediately block, but curious. #
- 09:09 @gvonk How? #
- 11:52 @gvonk Thank you! That's much better. #
- 13:33 Woo-Hoo!!!! Go OK State!!! #
- 15:43 @awolproductions I thought you said you didn't drink anymore? #
- 16:07 At brother's wedding rehearsal. Turns out I'm running the rehearsal. #
- 16:56 Turns out the church has an overly pushly wedding coordinator that's taking care of the rehearsal. #
- 17:02 This wedding coordinator is also unorganized #
- 17:40 Done with the rehearsal. Off to dinner and later..... The series finale of BSG. #
- 21:29 Just left a sketch idea on SNL's voicemail. Has to do with "Single Ladies" #
Thursday, March 19, 2009
- 23:39 @gvonk I found myself questioning whether or not I had seen it. #
- 00:14 Meant to tweet this about 2 hours ago, but ever pour a drink and think; "Damn, this one's going to hurt." #
- 11:37 Sundress plus slight wind equals comedy on Peachtree street. #
- 14:47 Beer, CO2, and tux acquired. Now the question is, do I have time for a nap? #
- 17:26 Me and Grandma. twitpic.com/29bal #
- 20:26 HEH! Go Big Blue! #
- 22:01 So far........perfect for the day. I'm only sweating the Ill/WKU game. #
In my current job, I earn a salary and if I do my job well, I am given extra pay in the form of a bonus or commission. Most of the sales employees I've ever talked to are on a similar compensation plan. If we do our jobs well, we get extra money. It's what companies have to do to motivate their sales force.
Now say it's the end of the month, or quarter or year. We just received our bonus check that we earned under the rules of our employment and almost immediately, we're told to give it back. This is exquisite bullshit. We earned this money.
In the case of the AIG employees that earned bonuses; what did they do? They didn't take this money from taxpayers. They received it from their employer for doing their jobs. They earned this money.
If you're going to be mad at someone, be mad at Congress for passing the bailout without restrictions. Be mad at Congress for not knowing or perhaps asking how AIG was going to spend our money. Be mad at President Obama and his staff for not doing a better job. But don't be mad at the AIG employees for doing their job.
The argument could be made that the "great" job these bonus-receiving employees did helped put the economy where it is. I would still say they were just doing their job. If "Tom" didn't do his job to the level his boss required; "Tom" would be replaced with someone better. Be angry at former CEOs and Vice-presidents that directed the employees.
The employees (upper-crust executives not included) who earned these bonuses should not be shamed into returning their bonuses and they most certainly should not have it forcefully taken back at a tax rate of 90%. They are being singled out for doing their job for a company that had horrific direction.
If you think we should recoup this money then go after the people who directly made these decisions. Garnish the wages of every Federally elected official that voted for AIG's bailout. Force every AIG share holder to forfeit 10% of their stock for allowing greed and/or incompetence to run AIG and at our expense. And the President should cease all corporate bailouts. Or perhaps, maybe, the government should just stay the hell out of private business.
But what do I know? I sell entertainment.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- 22:30 I miss going to the barber shop. I think a trip to American Haircuts is in my future. #
- 23:18 Julia Roberts is always awesome on Letterman. #
- 23:33 Hail Xenu this is funny shit. #
- 23:39 @brettbawcum Neither did I, but I ripped 3 nipples off. #
- 08:54 I'd rather be in Vegas. #
- 13:28 @Ludakit Yes. (Watch that comment come back and bite me in the ass.) #
- 17:39 Of course. The solution to the AIG situation is a new government agency. Re: Resolution Authority. This is ridiculous. #
- 18:03 300 pushups (80,75,70,75) and 50 jackknifes. Onto 30 minutes of cardio. #
- 19:19 @MondayNight Yes. Tasty. #
- 19:20 @MikeUsry LOL. No, not kidding. Been working at it since January. #
- 19:46 Damn...Kegorator ran out of CO2. A trip to Airgas is in my future. #
- 20:10 @ellengsauve pbbtthhh. You are always welcome to talk to me. Just pause for a breath every 30 minutes or so. #
- 20:24 @ally_ugadawg STOP TWEETING SPOILERS #
- 20:28 @ally_ugadawg Please. #
A year ago, I took this idea of putting people in charge of things they can't control and put it in motion at work. Co-worker A got the stock market and Co-worker B got the weather. Yes, it's a shitty deal but someone had to take responsibility.
As anyone can imagine, Co-worker A has taken almost a daily beating for the last year, but for the past week, she's been coming into the office and looking for almost daily praise. We've been quickly reminding her that she has a lot of catching up to do. On the flip side, we've never told Co-worker B that she's responsible for the weather. We just direct people to her if they have a weather related complaint.
Co-worker A called me out this morning and asked; "What are YOU in charge of?" I haven't been assigned anything to be in charge of yet, but on the list so far; taxes and the-asteroid-that-will-one-day-strike-the-Earth-killing-every-living-thing.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I felt better after venting and I felt worse for ripping into him. It wasn't about him. He and his wife are great and I consider him a true friend and very knowledgeable. If I pressed him, he would email me the documents to show that he is invested just like I am. I'm a big fan of his. He's a good father with a second on the way. I would and have offered to recommend him to friends. He shoots straight and that's all you can ask for. But who else can you vent about your retirement to?
But the stresses I feel over being a provider and a loving and good father haunt me daily.
Which brings me to this trailer. SFW. I feel better. That or the Jack is kicking in.
- 22:39 Finished watching BSG's "The Last Frakkin Special". Stoked for the series finale. Seriously amped. #
- 22:44 AND....Katee Sackhoff is sooo cute when not in character. #
- 09:05 Didn't wear green and you'll lose a nipple if you pinch me. You've been warned. #
- 09:42 Youngest brother getting hitched on Saturday. The week is filling up. #
- 09:59 Gchatting it up with one of my cousins who arrives on Thursday. #
- 11:25 I knew I shouldn't have looked at my rollover IRA. So pissed. #
- 12:45 Off all the live bloggers covering iPhone 3.0, @wired is the slowest by about 22 minutes. #
- 12:47 Followed closely by @macworld #
- 12:55 @gvonk Yup, I'm switching between Gizmodo and Engadget #
- 12:59 I feel as though Apple is just jerking us around here with the ESPN app, the diabetes app and play-date dog app. GET TO CUT AND PASTE #
- 13:06 It's about time Apple. #
- 13:07 @alanashley Ha! #
- 13:17 Kind of excited about the upgrades to iCal. #
- 13:28 Woo-Hoo 3.0 will be free!!! #
- 14:24 Lots of stuff covered here that wasn't in the presentaion RT @alanashley Apple iPhone 3.0 software round-up - bit.ly/s74hb #
- 15:26 I just took all my simmering rage and frustration about the economy out on my financial guy. I feel better. #
- 16:58 Explaining the virtues of eating slowly to my dog said the pot to the kettle. #
Muss and Turner's a free entree anytime in March (max value $20).
Atlanta Bread Company a free cookie anytime in March.
Wild Wing $10 off coupon anytime in March.
A FREE entree from M&T!!!! Excellent! Even with the limit of $20 I can still order just about anything off the menu. The service and food are always top notch and if one thing is out of place they correct it immediately. Now they're giving me a free meal! Consider me an official M&T fanboy.
Atlanta Bread Company; I love your sandwiches and soups but a cookie? A freakin' cookie? I know times are tough but you sent out the same thing last year. I'd stop by more often if you had some type of reward system, like buy 8 sandwiches, get the 9th free. But your food, while tasty, is a little overpriced and a free cookie is not going to get me to visit.
Wild Wing; Your beer program has lost focus, but your wings are still tasty and the annual coupon is great! See you soon.
Additionally, and I'm not sure what I did to earn it, but the Kennesaw Bahama Breeze sent me a $10 gift card today.
Monday, March 16, 2009
- 10:59 @pezgirl13 Ha! I guess we'll find out! #
- 10:59 Here's to Monday afternoon not being like Monday morning. #
- 14:08 Back home, now taking care of a sick puppy. #
- 14:38 @duanemoody Thanks! #
- 18:14 Exercise done. 262 Pushups (110, 100, 52) and 40 jackknives. Time to eat. #
Sunday, March 15, 2009
- 09:33 Off to meet a client. #
- 10:53 Open house today. It's been on the market for 14 months Sell house sell!!! I'm tired of making the bed. #
- 20:28 Six different couples looked at the house today. Two potentials. I refuse to get excited but have hope. #
Saturday, March 14, 2009
- 09:40 Heading to @tonysimon 's for brew day. #
- 10:39 @mostlymuppet a straight up IPA. Next week, barley wine. #
- 11:44 @davedaly Do it!!! Then come over here. #
- 12:41 Drinking Terrapin's 5th side project "Monk's Revenge" before it goes on sale. Very tasty. #
- 14:27 The boil is on. #
- 19:15 Mizzou!!!! #
Friday, March 13, 2009
- 22:47 CNBC could have prevented this by saying; "Jim, we don't want you to go on TDS." They threw him under this very entertaining bus. #
- 22:55 Final score; Jon Stewart 21,052 Jim Cramer 3.14 Cramer went in with his sleeves rolled up and got his ass pummeled. I suggest whiskey. #
- 23:34 Watching the cast of West Side Story on Letterman. #
- 23:47 Ghat Damn it. I think I like Zac Brown Band. Really pissed/torn about it. #
- 00:07 Watching the start of the 6th overtime of the Uconn/Syracuse game. The longest game in the history of Div I college basketball history. #
- 00:15 Ha! The announcers are running out of commentary. #
- 00:38 Correction: Not the longest Div 1 B-ball game; was quoting the announcers. But also according to the announcers; it came down to heart. #
- 00:53 @mostlymuppet Are you planning on seeing any bands out there and if so who? Hint @modernskirtsusa #
- 01:01 @LuxorLV That would be awesome! #
- 11:41 If you haven't updated in over a month, you were just cut. #
- 18:03 Exercise done. 30 minutes of cardio, 40 jack knives, and 242 pushups (100,92,50). Bring on the weekend. #
- 18:35 Dinner was so unfulfilling, soup to the rescue. #
- 19:35 @pezgirl13 congrats!!! #
- 19:36 Off to my youngest brother's bachelor party. #
- 20:47 Yeti imperial stout. Yummy. #
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- 09:00 Much like Halloween, I find no use for St Patrick's Day. #
- 09:10 RT @alanashley For my Atlanta and Georgia followers - twitter.com/ga_traffic/ #
- 09:22 @ThinkingBulldog Yes! #
- 10:27 @brettbawcum I'm Spartacus. #
- 12:40 Editing the rules for the annual March Madness bracket challenge. #
- 13:20 @davedaly Showing a co-worker the reply function on twitter. #
- 14:02 @alanashley Yeah, I also unsubscribed. Great idea in theory. #
- 15:08 Way to eff up the end of the 1st half Dawgs! #
- 16:08 And that officially closes the book on the Dennis Felton era. #
- 21:08 @DrGray10 Thank you. It's what I do. ;-) #
- 21:25 Checking with a source before blasting an opinion all over the interwebs. #
- 21:58 Getting ready for the Stewart/Cramer death match #
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
- 22:34 This has kept me amused for the last 2 hours. I got just under half and feel really good about it. tinyurl.com/dkbfk3 #
- 00:40 @chuckmonster Cool article you linked for @ludakit I ordered the book. Curious what he has to say. #
- 08:20 The grocery tax died. tinyurl.com/dnjr7p #
- 08:54 @ellengsauve Yeah, they can say "Green" but I think they mean "cost cutting measure" #
- 10:36 Headin to Vortex to do lunch with Jon. #
- 10:58 I might late to the party on this, but the burlesque show at Vortex has closed, in its place is the Laughing Skull Lounge. Vortexcomedy.com #
- 13:16 Any meeting where you get to have a Vortex burger is a good meeting. #
- 13:40 JIm Cramer is going on The Daily Show on Thurs. tinyurl.com/d59ayc #
- 16:19 Hop 393 keg is done in 18 minutes. Judging by the crowd size, I'm suspiscious if it was full to start with. #
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- 00:11 @Hunter I love Apple and I don't care if Steve Jobs is dancing with performers from every club on the strip; I'm still not watching. #
- 00:43 As I plan my next Vegas trip, even spa prices have taken a dive. Half of what I paid last year. #
- 10:41 RT @CobraCommander Just woke up in bathroom w/no pants, splitting headache, crusty face plate & "Thanks!" written on the mirror in lipstick #
- 10:43 Getting ahead of my email. Also, laughing my ass off at @CobraCommander. HT @pmclanahan #
- 11:09 What a beautiful day! #
- 11:42 My fear that people would think I'm a creepy pedophile prevents me from playing miniature golf. Shit, that was supposed to go to Post-secret #
- 11:57 Lean Cuisine's Garlic Chicken and Penne Pasta is a complete taste fail. #
- 13:13 @davedaly @LadyOob See also; tinyurl.com/33toj2 I HATE the term "Reach out" #
- 14:13 Researching Don Rickle's entrance music. #
- 14:24 Stewart vs. CNBC round 2; I loved this bit last night. tinyurl.com/clkvdh #
- 16:02 Many hands hard at work on the 14th street bridge project. #
- 17:17 250 ugly pushups done. Sets of 75, 100, and 75. Twittering from the floor. #
- 17:18 That's right ONE HUNDRED freakin pushups in a ghat damn row. Still laying on the floor. #
- 20:27 @Ludakit If you'd like, you can come over here and I'll be happy to take your money in person. #
- 20:28 @meghanvarn And it serve you both right. #
- 20:29 @davedaly No. Savannah is currently typing for me. #
Monday, March 09, 2009
- 22:17 Redialing my elected officials. This time about HB614. tinyurl.com/dbppbt #
- 23:26 Pete Herrmann was a class act on Inside Georgia Basketball. #
- 23:47 I <3 Scott Howard as much as I love summer sausage. #
- 23:49 CHRIST ON A CRACKER! They end the show with Battle Hymn and the soloist chips the first note. WTF WSB? #
- 09:11 You know you're old when your friends are hitting you up for Thomas the Train tickets. #
- 11:02 head/stapler/head/stapler/head/stapler #
- 14:25 Nothing like a mid-day building evac to get your blood going #
- 14:28 The "All-Clear" was given just as I suggested going to Taco Mac. #
- 18:25 Transporting five gallons of home brew to the house. #
- 20:30 @ellengsauve Hellz Yes I Did! #
Sunday, March 08, 2009
- 12:55 Re-researched Uverse. They still can't beat the deal we're getting with Comcast. #
- 13:03 I would go see Watchmen right now, but that would involve putting on pants. #
- 13:09 Awesome Alabama buzzer beater over UT! #
- 17:11 I'm playing the home game #gasenatedrunkdial tinyurl.com/asywwb #
- 17:18 Bellacino's subs and pizza for dinner! Love their food! #
- 19:26 Ellen came home with diapers. That made for an interesting moment in the driveway. #
How do you feel about big brother placing your most intimate personal information under surveillance? If you are a law-abiding citizen, do you think the Georgia Drug and Narcotics Agency should be able to snoop through your records just to make sure you aren’t doctor shopping? Just to make sure you are being honest when your doctor asks what other medications you are currently taking? The privacy of your most intimate personal information is under attack by nanny-staters and government feeders.From a follow up email; "For those interested in signing a petition to be sent down to the "Gold Dome" : OPPOSE HB 614"
On Thursday, March 5, 2009, HB614, the “Georgia Prescription Monitoring Program Act” (GPMP), which is sponsored by Representatives Sharon Cooper and Ron Stephens, passed through the Georgia House Health and Human Services Committee, which is chaired by Rep. Cooper. This proposed surveillance system would establish a state database for the monitoring of prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances (Schedules II, III, IV, or V) and the selling of all over-the-counter (OTC) controlled substances. Included in the database would be most pain medications, anxiety medications such as Xanax, sleep medications such as Ambien, and Ritalin, which is prescribed to children, and any medicine containing pseudoephedrine such as Claritin-D.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
- 22:56 Watching the 20/20 Sigfried and Roy special. #
- 02:22 U2 week ended well #
- 07:47 Extolling the virtues of Sudafed 24. Off to the birthing class. #
- 08:59 Other couples of note in the room; 1 couple we know, 1 hipster douchebag couple, and 1 redneck couple. #
- 09:06 Other couples of note; the Europeans that don't speak any English, and the poolboy/Buckhead madam. #
- 09:09 Ok people if you're showing up after the allotted start time you obviously don't care about your baby. #
- 09:50 The teacher is overly chipper. Similar to a SNL character. #
- 09:55 The current topic is; "Fetal Fun Facts". Cue the CBS orchestra. #
- 10:10 Creating a labor playlist. So far I have "I'm coming out", "Push it", and "Breakout". Any other suggestions? #
- 10:38 Another one for the mom; "I wanna be sedated" #
- 10:43 @brettbawcum People want to know why I keep laughing. #
- 10:54 Pictures with descriptions like "Internal rotation", "crowning", and "cervix fully dialated" are forcing me to have a beer with lunch. #
- 11:05 I didn't need to see videos of strangers giving birth. And by "giving birth" I mean up-fucking-close-and-personal. #
- 11:07 More Fetal Fun Facts!!! Hit it Paul! #
- 11:15 You're allowed to videotape the birth but you can't set up a tripod. We're not going to tape it, but my immediate ? was; what about a boom? #
- 11:28 @mostlymuppet Nope, evidently not allowed at Piedmont. #
- 13:11 Back from lunch and after witnessing a placenta birth, it can only get better from here. #
- 14:29 Made it through the episiotomy and c-section portions. Can't say the same for other soon-to-be dads in the room. #
- 16:07 Took the tour and we're done. 50% of the teachers were awesome. #
- 18:07 Had a much needed hour nap. Off to dinner. #
- 21:12 @Ludakit they are VERY good. Have a great time! #
- 21:13 Home. Long day. Ready for a cocktail and SNL #
Friday, March 06, 2009
- 23:59 There is no joy in push ups and ab exercises when you have a head cold. #
- 01:06 U2's performance of "Beautiful Day" on Letterman was something. #
- 13:44 Day two of staying at home with a head cold. Ready to feel better now. #
- 16:11 Come on Lady Dogs! #
- 17:37 I <3 Hickory Farms sausage #
- 18:12 Happy Hour from my couch. #
- 21:43 Just awoke from a cold induced 3 hour nap. #
Thursday, March 05, 2009
- 23:20 @brettbawcum Indeed! #
- 23:51 @mdknight Woo-Hoo! #
- 00:36 Drunk dial your state Senator this Sunday in protest of Georgia's Blue Laws. tinyurl.com/bu94wc #
- 00:53 And yes, I'm attending the Drunk Dial your state Senator this Sunday in protest of Georgia's Blue Laws. You should too. #
- 01:02 U2 was better, but still not the performance a band of this stature should be proud of. Is Bono too old for this? #
- 01:03 Is there a rift between U2 and Letterman? #
- 09:41 Stayed home with a head cold. Also, daylight ST is bullshit. Gov't should stay out of the clock. Is this cold making me cranky? #
- 15:54 "Shoot for 2, 2, 2, (or 3)" is a lame sports cheer and should be cut. #
- 17:29 Go Lady Dogs! #
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
- 23:57 My opinion cont. from last night. The space movie sketch with De Nero bombed. #jimmyfallon #
- 00:05 Justin Timberlake's impressions are surprisingly accurate. #jimmyfallon #
- 00:08 All in all, I give it 2 stars. I'll watch when he has a guest I want to see. But I don't see interviews being his forte either #
- 00:43 Arti Lange was funny and seemed sober, still not impressed with U2 but the lighting and camera work was pretty solid. #
- 15:50 Hot fresh popcorn was just delivered to my office! #
- 16:50 Well there goes Sunday Sales for another year. #
- 17:08 @VegasChrisH Popcorn is not a euphamism for anything. Just a perk. #
- 17:23 @rustytanton From a bar or restaurant on a Sunday. #
- 18:58 The names and #s for each member of the Senate Regulated Industries and Utilities Committee tinyurl.com/c42juv #
- 20:49 For future reference Ace Hardware closes at 8:00 #
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
- 00:20 Anyone who trusts me to buy a lamp shade with zero guidance, should stop listening to the baby growing inside her. #
- 01:10 Unimpressed with U2 on Letterman. #
- 01:16 www.unwigged.com/ #
- 01:43 I like the intro montage and the monologue against the blue curtain ala Johnny. #jimmyfallon #
- 01:48 Noticeably uncomfortable (stop swaying, it's distracting). Monologue=rough/awkward. The Roots don't need the sousaphone. #jimmyfallon #
- 02:09 Di Nero isn't making it easy. #jimmyfallon #
- 02:12 Awkward! Saving the rest for tomorrow. #jimmyfallon #
- 14:10 Am I getting a cold? #
- 16:31 @ellengsauve I don't teach. #
- 17:19 Can't type today. #
- 17:38 Tweet of the day tinyurl.com/aruyhd HT: @davedaly #
- 21:45 Finished working out for the first time in four days. Ouch. #
Feel free to place your head into the sand.
Sports - Mainly UGA and SEC Related.
Best all around - IMHO
everydayshouldbesaturday.com Despite being a Florida grad, he's fairly spot on and mostly hysterical. His post after UF lost to UGA in 2007 was, while INCREDIBLY profane, was instant bliss.
blogs.usatoday.com/gameon Kind of the Page 6 of sporting news.
myespn.go.com/blogs/sec ESPN's SEC blog by Chris Lowe
Funny and good UGA sports info
dawg-extra.blogspot.com Columbus Ledger's Bulldog blog
Not generally funny, but more insight
Eye on Sports Media
Provides coverage of local and national sports media. Very cool stuff. Especially when he writes about the production aspect of how sporting events get on the air. By the way, I'm a production nerd.
Honestly, I'm wondering why I'm including this one. Despite having 6 contributors, it's rarely updated and has fallen by the wayside. This used to be a great place to rile up some Techies.
Jeff Owens - To be honest, not my favorite as far as how he writes, but some good insight to the mind of a NCAA athlete.
Monday, March 02, 2009
- 01:05 Earlier today I left a "good luck" vm for my former boss. He's competing in "Dancing with the Athens Stars" fund raiser. #
- 01:05 Dancing with the Athens Stars line up. I went to HS w/1 person, worked for 1 and have admired one from afar. tinyurl.com/d58jmv #
- 13:47 @ratevegas Is M Resort accepting MGM/Mirage player's cards/points since MGM is an investor? #
- 17:12 Taco Mac Kennesaw is crazy crowded for the 393 gathering. #
- 18:11 393 keg blown in one hour and nine minutes. twitpic.com/1t3uy #
Sunday, March 01, 2009
- 22:54 Lagunitas Gnarlywine. The first sipped punched my face in then became very drinkable. #
- 10:41 The latest projections shows Cobb Co getting zero snow. #
- 10:58 @chuckmonster Details please. #
- 11:20 Snow in East Snobb. #forecastersdon'tknowshit #
- 15:08 If anymore band directors show up at Wild Wing there's going to be a quorum and some GMEA rule changes. #
- 16:46 Just realized I have a stalker. She gave me some serious shit about my lack of blogging. #